April 27, 2009

The Move to Florence

Fast forward, three months. It's truly incredible how time flies. Since my last post, I have been to Africa, the company I work for has filed for bankruptcy, and I have narrowed down my decision to move abroad to Florence, Italy.

After months of going back and forth with the logistics of moving abroad, reading countless blogs, travel books, and talking with friends. I have made the decision to move to Florence, Italy for a minimum of 3 months in the Fall of this year. My initial plan is to take Italian language classes, and apply for an internship through the Department of Tourism. I am hoping that I will find solitude and "inspiration" during my time in Italy. I am looking forward to being surrounded by the most incredible art in the world, a slower pace of life, and to have the time to listen more to myself and what my future holds.

Apart from Atlanta, where I have lived my entire life, I have only spent longer periods of time in Italy - so the decision to move there came easily. Something magical draws me to this country, and I am getting really excited about the next adventure. So many people ask "Why Italy?", and more frequently, "Why now?". During this terrible economic crisis we are about to embark on. I can understand how people might not understand how someone could jump ship and move abroad. For me, the time couldn't be better....Crossroads are happening in my life, and if I don't get on course emotionally, I will be at a dead end, quickly.

Just a few more weeks in my favorite apartment in Atlanta, then the real planning begins. Reservations for airlines, apartments, trains, cat passports, paperwork, blah blah, all the boring stuff basically!  These are photos of the apartment on Via Malenchini that Lorenzo (in Florence) has been so graciously been holding for me, can it get any more charming than this?

Fino alla volta prossima (Until Next time....) 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...