August 26, 2009

5 Days til Arrivederci!

5 more days until I leave my home of Atlanta to embark on the new journey to Florence. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions (as you can see in previous posts). I have gone through every emotion of organizing a list of logistics - dealing with the USDA for the cats, determining the best and most cost effective ways of transportation, reading numerous books and blogs about living in Florence all the way to the heart wrenching emotions of leaving my friends & loved ones.

Word of advice to fellow travelers or to people who leave a place they have been for a very long time. Do not let yourself fall in love right before you leave. God is testing. Falling in love is one of those things that is so hard to control - especially if you have been looking for love for a long time. Here it is less than a week before I leave the country to find my heart is aching because I am leaving someone who means alot to me. It has to be done, because life goes on - plans have been made. I have made an agenda for myself. It still doesnt take the hurt away from leaving him, and unintentionally hurting him. God has a plan, and things seem to fall into place how they should - in the time they should. I will continue to pray this to be true.

My little Eme girl cannot go to Italy until she loses some weight :( So for now, this journey will be for Abby and Me. School starts in 2 weeks, and a new chapter of life begins in 5 days. I will miss my family & friends but am looking forward to all the new exciting adventures Florence has for me.

A Front Yard of the Arno River aint so bad is it ? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...