November 10, 2009

Roman Weekend

My close friend from Atlanta came to visit last week, and I must tell you it was a real treat having a little slice of "Atlanta" around. Whereas I do not miss alot things about living in America, its nice to hear "Yall" and not feel bad about wanting McDonalds every once in awhile! We had a lovely time his entire visit, he got the "Florence Fever" (which is impossible to shake if you have ever been here), we went to Milan for an incredible concert by Massive Attack, but I think our favorite time was spent in Rome.

I can honestly tell you that I never get sick of being in Rome. There is something so incredible there, a magic energy that encompasses you while you are strolling through ancient streets, that are now filled with scooters and Italian men pacing on their cell phones!! We did so much in 2 days I cannot even begin to write it all down. The highlights were having a real Italian lunch with my dear Roman friend Daniele, climbing the top of the Saint Peter's dome to watch the sunset, and attempting shopping under a mound of rain on Via Condotti (Prada, LV, Gucci to name a few, please see $15,000 hand bag below)

If you are ever planning on visiting Rome, I am your girl. I feel like I know this city like the back of my hand now I have been there so many times, with so many people - in fact, I am already planning on going back in 2 weeks with some friends here in Florence.

They do say "All Roads lead to Rome"........





2 comments:

Fragolina said...

I know my comment is too late to be posted, but I must tell you that my husband and I are planning to visit Rome and Tuscany(florence also)next June, for 3-4 days each. I'll be asking you few questions of where to go, the best pizza, the best fresh-made pasta, gelato... I'll be following your blog for more info. Thank you...

Christy said...

Ciao! I would be thrilled to help you with suggestions about Florence, and even Rome! You should stay in one of our apartments too in the historic centre of Florence, keep in touch about your dates, and I would be happy to help out!

Buon giornata!!!
Christine

Christine@apartmentsflorence.it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...