February 7, 2010

Holy Spirit

I wanted to write about an experience I had last night here in Florence. I was at a chocolate festival in Piazza Santa Croce, and noticed people were going into the cathedral late at night (which is normally closed). My friends and I went in, and they were doing a small prayer service where you were able to write a prayer, leave in the "Jesus listens to you" (Gesu ti ascolta) basket, light a candle, have a blessing , then take from the "Jesus speaks to you" (Gesu ti parla) basket a scripture (below).

When I was there I was overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit and thought about my loved ones, family & friends. I said a prayer for the people I miss, the people that are hurting, and asked for forgiveness of my selfishness.

I have not found a church here in Florence yet, so this has inspired me to get back on the "bus". These small, yet impactful experiences are what make me love living in this city.

"Voi siete il sale della terra; ma se il sale perdesse il sapore, cone che cosa lo si potra rener salato?" Matteo 5:13

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?" Matthew 5:13

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...