April 18, 2010

The cross above Florence

I am working on my new terrazzo (terrace) here at my apartment, the evening bell towers are ringing, and I have a small view of the top of the Duomo. These are small reminders of why I love my adopted city.

When I hear the chimes, it reminds me of the time,and usually that I am late for something exciting! When I look at the Italian rooftops, it reminds me that I live in a foreign country, and of my brother who loves the siena colored tiles. Then when I see the top of the Duomo, with the gold colored sphere & cross, I am reminded of Christ. For me, the cross represents that I am protected here in Florence. This gives me great solitude & happiness when I feel lonely.

Buon Domenica (Good Sunday!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...