October 4, 2010

Guest blogger : Eccomi! From my coworker Sally!

This weeks guest blogger comes from the newest addition to the Apartmentsflorence.it  family. She just moved to my beloved city from Kansas City and I am so excited she chose Florence as her new home !! I am so thrilled to have her on board, and am looking forward to our friendship as two single gals having a blast living & working in Florence! Please visit her blog Eccomi! , enjoy Tutti!! Ciao!



The People I Meet

Getting to work for an apartment rental company almost just as good as being a flower delivery person. Every day, you meet new people starting an adventure in an amazing city and get to welcome them to a beautiful apartment and give them a start on their journey.

With ApartmentsFlorence.it, I have been able to meet people from all over – Spain, Sweden, Australia, America, Canada, Brazil, the UK, and on and on. And my favorite part about greeting them is to hear their story about why they are in Florence.

So far, I have met honeymooners traveling through Italy on romantic getaways; women coming to stay and explore Italy for a few months (usually with a copy of Eat, Pray, Love in their hands); retired couples spending a month here and there; and groups of friends on weekend adventures.

View from our Lambertesca Terrace apartment

The very first group I met was two couples staying very in a lovely two-bedroom place close to the Duomo on via Alfani. One of the couples was getting married that weekend and the other couple was their maid of honor and best man. Their families were joining them for celebrations and dinner later that evening. What a great way to start a life together!

Inevitably, people ask me about my story and why I am here. I still don’t have a definitive answer to give. Maybe I was bored at home, maybe I want to master the language, eat great food or just experience life on the other side of the world for a while. But I know that my experience here with ApartmentsFlorence.it is part of the reason for my move. It is continuously enriching my experience here as I get to work with wonderful people and meet people from all over the world. They are all a part of my story now, just as I get to be a part of theirs. 

1 comment:

Ian said...

interesting,Bravo good post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...