November 12, 2010

Autunno (Fall) in Firenze

Fall symbolizes change for many people, and living here is no different. I am making new wonderful friends, updating my apartment, and opening myself up more for new experiences in life, love & happiness. I have put myself on a strict wellness plan to help me with my headaches, and finally I think something is changing. This along with the support system I have here is making life easier. 

This is my favorite season of the year, the leaves have changed, the air is crisp, and it's scarf & jacket season. Who doesn't like to bundle up right? Sadly, it is almost time where the rain makes it's way into everyday living in Florence. The beautiful leaves will disappear soon and all of us will have to drag out our rain boots and dreaded puffy coats. But, this year I am prepared. 

I thought about how quickly time seems to be passing for me here, and realized that I haven't taken any shots of Florence in the Fall. The other morning, the sun was peeking its way through the clouds so I decided to hop on the bike & take a ride to the Oltrarno (the neighborhood "Across the River"). I wish this time of year would last longer. It's just like a sunset, the most beautiful time of the day, that only lasts for a moment. If you aren't careful you will miss it. 

I am feeling rejuvenated, re-inspired and hopeful that the change of season will bring me continued happiness in my adopted city.  


6 comments:

Lorenzo said...

Great pics Christine!!!

Christy said...

Grazie Lore!!

Val said...

LOVE the sentiment. Love the pictures! LOVE the writer. :-)

Christy said...

Thanks Val!! Only two more weeks and you will be here!! Yiippeee!! xxx

Maggie said...

Ahhhh, bellissima!!!! Brava, can't wait to see it firsthand. xo

Andrea said...

I saw one of the famous puffy-jackets yesterday in the UK!! I was round a friend's house and the other guests were an Italian couple and the girl turned up in a black puffy jackets. I thought of your blog and chuckled to myself, I must say it is definitely not to my taste, but I guess that would be different if I saw it on every other woman, like you do in Florence :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...