January 17, 2011

Chiesa in Cestello

The other night when I was out taking photos of the gorgeous city, I turned around at sunset and saw this. The beautiful orange & yellow sky in the background, with the black shadows of the dome & statues in the foreground. I know I go on and on about the sunsets here, but this is why:


So the next evening, I made a point to take my bike ride along the Arno River, again at dawn. I couldn't help but notice this image of the same church reflecting perfectly below along the water. I secretly obsess over things like this. I will probably go back to see this church over and over again, until I get a chance to go inside. Last night it was Sunday, so it was closed. 

I have probably looked at the dome of this church a million times, especially at sunset, because where it is positioned in Florence, it is directly in line with the west side of the city where the sun settles each night. It is always in the panoramic of Florence, but for some reason, just now I am falling in love with it. 


4 comments:

gregadamson said...

Those pictures are stunning. Well done!

Deb said...

This is beautiful! If you like to participate in Scavenger Hunt Sundays at ashleysisk.com one of the prompts this week is silhouette. This would be perfect.

Christy said...

Thank you Greg!! I hope all is well back home!

Deb: Thank you for the link! I will head there right now! Ciao from Florence!

Maggie said...

Wow, incredibly beautiful photos, I love them! Nice job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...