January 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Florence Edition

A fellow blogger Ashley Sisk invited me to be a part of her Sunday Scavenger hunt photography project. The themes this week are Memories, Silhouette,  Doorway, Reflection, Silver. I had fun scouting out images of my adopted city for the project! I hope you enjoy! Ciao Tutti!!!

Memories
The cross above the Duomo helps remind me why I love this city so much. I never want to lose the memory I had of looking above Florence, towards my neighborhood, while the sun was setting and the full moon was rising. 


Silhouette
The David replica at Piazzale Michelangelo, one of my favorite places in Florence


Doorway
The typical doorways with laundry hanging in Italy


Reflection
This image is how I was approached for this photo project. The beautiful chiesa reflected onto the Arno River below.


Silver
This one was very tricky. I walked all over Florence looking for something silver, and realized there is practically none here except for the silver flatware in the antique shops. I had to go back into my old fotos, so a little cheating here. This window is of a darling hair salon in the Oltrarno, who always has interesting window displays. It was taken over Christmas Holiday. 


Grazie Ashley for the invitation!! 

 

11 comments:

Mrs Mar said...

GRate coliction of photos. I just don't know what one my favorit is.

Ashley Sisk said...

Gorgeous shots this week - so glad you decided to join. Isn't it fun? I love every single one of them and hope you'll come back next week for more!

Ms. Pony said...

I may be biased (I daydream of moving to Europe!), but I love every one of your photos! The first one is breathtaking!

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

As soon as I saw Italy, I knew your doorway picture was going to be awesome, and it didn't disappoint...lovely! I also really liked your silhouette picture.

Christy said...

Grazie belle! (That is plural for bella)! I had a great time! Thank you Ashley for the linkies!

Seizing My Day said...

Fabulous shots... ALL of them... I love the laundry in the doorways... and your first shot is amazing! one day I want to visit where you call home right now!! =) I was in Italy for 9 hours once... Milan... many many moons ago...

Abby K said...

Great photos!! I think the reflection photo might be my favorite, but they're all good!

julie said...

OHhh...ALL your shots are amazing! How lucky to live where you do!! Just gorgeous work! Greetings from British Columbia, Canada :)

Val said...

PHENOMINAL photos! Seriously Christine... GORGEOUS! Brava.

Dorian Susan said...

I love seeing your Italy shots. Reflection and silhouette-wow!
Your doorway reminds me of some I saw while visiting Croatia and Slovenia a few years back. Nice memory for me.

Fragolina said...

You got amazing pictures here. I think wherever you go in Italy you can take beautiful shots. Makes me desiring more and more living in Italy for a while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...