June 21, 2011

The little things

People might ask you what brings you happiness. I can tell you that today receiving a darling letter and a bundle of old & new photographs from Mom made my day, if not my week.

It is the little things in life that you cherish, especially living abroad. There is nothing better than see the "Atlanta" stamp with my parents name, with my address in Florence on the envelope. It is truly a small world. 

Little treasures of memories past & present make me a happy girl. Grazie Mamma!



3 comments:

Murissa Maurice said...

What a nice surprise. I love those days when you receive a postcard or an unexpected letter.
Makes you feel more connected in a digital world. There is something so much more personal to a letter and handwriting than an e-mail.

The Wanderfull Traveler

Val said...

I MADE THE BOARD! YAY!!!

ostranderblog said...

That's lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed your connection with the photos from the past. Makes me want to call my Mom for a care package ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...