July 18, 2011

La Dolce Vita - La Bomba

Today is the second installment of a new series called "La Dolce Vita"  where I ask all my blogger friends to write about their sweet life in Italy, or their sweet life in general. Each Monday I  will write about something that makes my life richer while living in Italy.

I hope you all will continue to join me in the fun!
 
❣ ❣ ❣
 
This past weekend we arrived early at the train station in Florence to head to Terracina. We politely asked the Eurostar train conductor if it was possible for us to catch the next train to Rome, instead of the one we were booked on that departed 20 minutes later. The conductor proceeded to tell us that yes, it was possible, but you had to pay the difference in fare (we had bought discounted tickets), and then another 50 euro fee. "Incredibile" my boyfriend said. We laughed and said we would take the original train.

20 minutes later we were comfortably sat on our way to Rome. We thought we had 30 minutes between connections in Rome to Terracina, but when we arrived we saw that that particular train was not running and we had literally one minute to catch the next train. Sprinting through Rome Termini station had to of been a funny sight, we ran up to the train that had not left yet and the conductor said he was sorry out the window and did not let us in. "Dai!!!!!! (Come on!!)" we said.

The next train to Terracina was scheduled to leave in one hour, Okay fine, we took a walk and had a fantastic dinner & vino. We arrived back at the station, again, early and saw that our train was going to be "ritardo di 15 minuti". So we waited. A few minutes later "ritardo di 30 minunti", a moment later "ritardo di 45 minuti". So as you can imagine, we were a little irritated because we had no idea how we were going to finally arrive in Terracina. 

Finalmente, we left Rome Termini station at 11:15pm to arrive in Terracina around 12:30am. Now, the reason why I tell you this long, detailed story is because it does have a pleasant and happy ending. We were greeted by Antonio's parents who drove us back to Terracina, and forced me to say yes for this delicious treat called a "Bomba".  The thing I LOVE about Italians is that they go with the flow. All.the.time. I am still trying to learn this instead of planning out my entire night, perfectly timed, nicely organized.  
 
I initially really wanted an early night, so I could enjoy the next day without being tired. Once we stopped, found a nice table outside, talked with each other & and enjoyed our sweet Bomba, our annoyances from the whole night disappeared. It was well past 1am and I didn't care one bit. The moral of the story is to appreciate the little sweet things in life even when there are hurdles (no matter how big or small). 

Add caption
 "Do you love Italy as much as I do? Join me in sharing with others about our passion for "La Dolce Vita"


The rules are simple : Every Monday, write about something you love about Italy, or your sweet life in general, then grab my icon and add it to your post.





La Dolce Vita




Most important, do not forget to link up here so everyone can read about your adventures with all things Italian, Grazie belle!



6 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Since coming to Italy I have certainly learnt to appreciate the sweet things in life a lot more.

Anonymous said...

This makes me so happy to read. Bacio cara. Nad

Why Rome? said...

Looks delicious!! Being a big planner and organizer myself, I can totally relate to how you feel. I am learning to adjust to going with the flow a little more too since I have been living in Italy. It's actually quite nice. :-) Sweet pastries always seem to make things a little better too. ;-) Hope you had a great getaway!

Tree said...

Aren't they amazing?? I can't wait to try em in Italia. I wrote about them too!! hehe!

Yes, they are THAT good that they need a post about em.

http://torontototerni.blogspot.com/2011/05/now-thats-da-bomba.html

Murissa Maurice said...

Looks amazing! I had a similar experience with the trains but it was in Bologna. I was traveling with a huge group of art history students (around 35). Our poor professor has to ensure that all of us made it on the train but alas we all were waiting at the wrong area of the station and had to run under ground and then up the stairs to get over to the proper area.
It must have been hilarious to see a herd of 35 Canadian students sprinting for the train. Miraculously we all made it!

The Wanderfull Traveler

sunniinseattle said...

Hey Christy! Thought I'd leave the second half of my story (continued from last week). Sorry I didn't get it done Monday. Thanks! Loving the stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...