July 25, 2011

La Dolce Vita - Sleepy Sundays

Welcome to the third installment of a new series called "La Dolce Vita"  where I ask all my Blog Amici to write about their sweet life in Italy, or their sweet life in general. Each Monday I  will write about something that makes my life richer while living in Italy.

I hope you all will continue to join me in the fun!
❣ ❣ ❣

One of the biggest reasons I love living in Italy is because the day to day, way of life is better for me. When I am bored, I take a walk along the river or sit in a piazza and people watch. On Sundays, we have a beautiful routine developing of sleeping in, having our morning caffe at a leisurely pace. There is no rush for work, and we have the whole day to do nothing but relax.

Abby's favorite hobby = napping.

Yesterday morning we welcomed the cooler weather, rain storms and silence that filled Florence. Waking up at our own speed, reading the news and having a delicious lunch at home. As the day passes, we nap, we read our books, we prepare for the week ahead and our upcoming trip to the United States. It's great not being on any sort of cramped time schedule, it's days like this I LOVE being tranquilla (tranquil). 

I know many people back home probably do this every Sunday, but I never had the opportunity to really relax because of the work schedule I was on for many many years. I value the importance of R&R and the Italians have taught me that. 



"Do you love Italy as much as I do? Join me in sharing with others about our passion for "La Dolce Vita"

The rules are simple : Every Monday, write about something you love about Italy, or your sweet life in general, then grab my icon and add it to your post.






La Dolce Vita




Most important, do not forget to link up here so everyone can read about your adventures with all things Italian, Grazie belle!



9 comments:

Natalie said...

I love Sundays in Italy! It can be frustrating at first when everything closes, but it taught me to really take the day off.

Here's my Monday blog: http://anamericaninrome.com/wp/2011/07/getting-lost-in-rome/

Maggie said...

That picture of Abby is fantastic, and the food pics are making me hungry. I, too, was happy to wake up yesterday to the sound of rain outside. The perfect excuse for a lazy Sunday!

leigh said...

I am really enjoying this meme. Your life in Italy is so rich and beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it.

Christy said...

Thanks Leigh!! That means a lot to me. If it wasn't for your inspiration, I wouldn't have the courage to express myself. Love, Christy xx

Christy said...

Natalie, you are so right about Sundays, now I cherish the time to stay in and not worry about anything being open.

Maggie, wasn't the morning rain amazing? I almost slept all day!

Thank you girls for posting today!!
-Christy xx

sunniinseattle said...

These are my favorite photos from my wonderful month in Italy.

Murissa Maurice said...

Another beautiful post from Florence. I feel it perfectly matches my mood this Monday morning. I am feeling so tired and need a nap to prevent a cold for taking over. The weather is cloudy today and there is a light mist covering the mountains beyond the city.

What is that delicious looking dish? Ravioli? One of my favourite pastas and something I could use for a comforting dish right about now!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Tree said...

Sorry I'm a little late this week! Mmm that salad looks DELISH!
I love sleeping in when it's raining, especially with someone you love --how romantico! =)

Why Rome? said...

I love having lazy days too! My husband and I like to have lazy movie days. We lounge around, watch movies and snack on popcorn and dark chocolate. Sometimes we squeeze in a nap. Those days are the best! :-) Best wishes on your upcoming trip home to visit your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...