July 15, 2011

Surviving the scorcher

Wow, it has been pretty darn hot this week in Florence. I cannot imagine living here without some sort of cooling system in your apartment or work place. Many of the locals head for the beach or mountains during this time of year because of the thick heat that fills the city. We have been so hot in our 6th floor apartment, but thankfully had purchased a portable AC machine to use during the night. The best money I have spent so far! I attempted to take walks around the city, but became overwhelmed with heat that my head started to pound, so back to the apartment it was! Shutters closed, AC fan on. I am dreading my electricity bill that will be coming soon. 

This morning I awoke to a nice, cool, calm breeze and 84 degree weather. I am thankful for the cooler weather, and really looking forward to our AC filled trip to the United States soon :)


Tutto chiuso!

1 comment:

Murissa Maurice said...

Oh where are you going for the US trip?

Unfortunately we have had a very cool summer so far in BC, Canada. Usually it gets up to 90+ F for at least a couple weeks. I am heading to Vegas in less than 2 weeks to soak up the desert sun, research for an article for Vecu Magazine and try my luck at the tables.

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...