September 26, 2011

La Dolce Vita - Più Roma

I had the pleasure of going to Rome for a quick day trip over the weekend. The choir from Atlanta was performing at St. Peter's so I thought I should go a little early to my favorite city in the whole world. Normally I just pick one historic site and one thing for fun (like shopping!) each time I go, but this time I thought about meeting up with a fellow blogger, and now friend, Andrea from Why Rome?.

We had SO MUCH fun walking & talking, it was like I have known her forever. I think there is some unspoken, immediate bond between women who come from the same area of the United States, especially from the South where we are both from. She had a great idea to eat Chinese! (yummy) so we went to Trastevere to one of her favorite spots. Then took a lovely walk to Campo di Fiori to the market and most importantly - Gelato. This wasn't your normal gelato, it was gelato dipped in chocolate syrup. Dear Dairy Queen - eat your heart out!

At times, I find it difficult to live as an expatriate. To feel different everyday you walk outside your door. The glares & crappy treatment I get from some Italian women gets tiring. Being able to have a fun, free spirited conversation, filled with laughter with no judgments is what I search out. Thankfully I have that with all of my expatriate women friends here in Florence, and now with this lovely woman in Rome. At the end of the day, I always tell myself that I am so lucky to be able to experience all of this. How amazing is is to wake up in a city like Florence, then spend in the day in a city like Rome. 

Grazie Andrea!

"Do you love Italy as much as I do? Join me in sharing with others about our passion for "La Dolce Vita"


The rules are simple : Every Monday, write about something you love about Italy, or your sweet life in general, then grab my icon and add it to your post.






La Dolce Vita




Most important, do not forget to link up here so everyone can read about your adventures with all things Italian, Grazie belle!

4 comments:

Karla said...

It is at times very difficult to be an expat but luckily there are others out there like us! :)Continue to be positive and just look around. We live in a beautiful place.

I'm new to blogging and next week I hope to join your La dolce vita series !

http://today-lets-be.blogspot.com/

Why Rome? said...

You are the sweetest! I absolutely loved having you visit in Rome! We are so thankful for you taking the time to spend with us. I enjoyed your company more than I can convey. It was so nice to be able to spend the day talking and laughing with someone who relates so much to me. I look forward to future visits in both Rome and Florence, and I am thankful for the new friendship! Talk soon. :-)

P.S. - I loved the Dairy Queen reference. It made me laugh because that was my exact thoughts the other week when we discovered the chocolate dip. I remembered getting the chocolate dip cones from Dairy Queen when I was a little girl. I kept thinking, "Oh wow, now I get to have 3 flavors AND chocolate dip." Mind blowing, right? ;-)

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Just catching up on your recent posts. I agree it is not always easy being an expat but then I think about it and realise just how lucky I am to be having this experience! It is great that you have found a soul mate in Why Rome. :)

Murissa Maurice said...

So many great places to go when you live in a centrally located and perfectly sized country. I would be so tempted to jet off to Switzerland or France on the weekend!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...