September 19, 2011

La Dolce Vita - Sweet sounds of home

I had the pleasure of seeing the choir from my hometown church perform yesterday in Florence. It is hard to put into words how soothing and content I felt when I heard them sing. I have always been drawn to how beautiful the music is at my church in Atlanta, so having them play in my adopted city was extra special. 

They are on a week long tour, performing in Florence, St. Francis Cathedral in Assisi, then the grandest of them all will be at St. Peter's in Rome this weekend. I have decided to tag along to as many performances as I can this week, because I know each performance will be completely different. 

The little reminders of home are always cherished, it is so sweet to hear the sounds of God in my new front door.

You can listen to the short video here : PRUMC @ St. James Cathedral
 

"Do you love Italy as much as I do? Join me in sharing with others about our passion for "La Dolce Vita"


The rules are simple : Every Monday, write about something you love about Italy, or your sweet life in general, then grab my icon and add it to your post.





La Dolce Vita



Most important, do not forget to link up here so everyone can read about your adventures with all things Italian, Grazie belle!

2 comments:

Why Rome? said...

I know it is so nice for you to have a little piece of home in your new home. I'm looking forward and so excited to meet with you next weekend in Rome!

Theresa said...

I'm so jealous! I need to make a trip to a church before I leave Florence. You should definitely go to St. Francis Assisi church if you haven't yet. It's wonderful! Lunch tomorrow? xoT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...