October 31, 2011

La Dolce Vita - Famiglia insieme

This week I have been fortunate enough to have my mother visiting Florence. Our schedule has been pretty full with day outings around Florence (you might of seen the photos below of Boboli Gardens & San Miniato church). Then, we are also headed to Verona for a couple of days of R&R. All of these things are fabulous, but the most memorable experience will be when Antonio's parents from Terracina met my Mum.

They were visiting only for few days, so we were limited on time, but had a fantastic time nonetheless! We started with an aperitivo at our new house before going to chic new restaurant outside the centre. Even though Antonio had to translate most of the night, some things are truly the same, no matter what country you are from. Laughter, hugs and smiles are universal, and there was plenty of that to go around this weekend. 

We are both so lucky to have strong family units that continue to support us both as individuals, and as a multi-cultural couple. The only thing missing was my father who was working back in the US, but he was there in our thoughts and all of our laughter. 


Sweet stuff right here y'all !


"Do you love Italy as much as I do? Join me in sharing with others about our passion for "La Dolce Vita"

The rules are simple : Every Monday, write about something you love about Italy, or your sweet life in general, then grab my icon and add it to your post.






La Dolce Vita




Most important, do not forget to link up here so everyone can read about your adventures with all things Italian, Grazie belle!

4 comments:

andrea said...

That's awesome and def the sweetest! Enjoy :)

Jake said...

The best La Dolce Vita yet! La migliore "La Dolce Vita" ancora!

Theresa said...

Wow! That's a big step! I'm so happy for you Christy! I think I hear wedding bells... =P
xoT

Murissa Maurice said...

What a delightful time!
Verona is lovely - especially during the opera season! I had a fantastic time there and so much gelato was eaten.

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...