November 15, 2011

Places I love ♥ : La Buchetta Cafè

This is my new favorite place. We discovered this little restaurant a few months ago, and every time I go back - it gets better. A lovely couple from Rome opened this fabulous place a year ago, and they quite possibly could be the nicest people I have met in Florence (in the service industry). The food is absolutely delicious, the wine selection is abundant, and they have always given us some yummy freebies (usually sweet) at the end of the meal. 

Most recently, my girlfriends & I came here after a friends performance at the Vasarian Corridor. It was fairly late, but they were so welcoming into their place of business. In my experience in Florence, this is rare. Normally if we walked up at 11:30pm and asked to have "solo vino", we would be turned away. They even gave us espresso size cups of pappa al pomodoro! How darling is that?!

Did I mention the decor? It is gorgeous. The wife is an interior decorator, so has pulled together this space beutufiully. A perfect blend of contemporary art, animal print furniture and gorgeous antique leather sofas : some of my favorite combinations. 

If you come to Florence, go for lunch, dinner or a nightcap. You won't be disappointed! Also make sure to peek into the beautiful courtyard in the back of the ristorante!

Via dei Benci #3, Santa Croce

 

Photos pulled from website : La Buchetta

3 comments:

Val said...

I LOVE this place too. They are so nice there, the decor is awesome and the food is great! It's a treasure in Florence.

-Val

Birgitte Brøndsted said...

Of course service is special here - they are Roman! :-) I will definitely try it. Sounds (and looks) great.

Murissa Maurice said...

Looks so cosy and i always love it when art is on the walls!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...