December 3, 2011

Christmas in Florence

There is no doubt that Florence is always a beautiful city, but during Christmastime it truly comes alive. There are not as many tourists filling the streets, and all the shops have put up their gorgeous holiday windows. This year the big department store Rinascente really went all out with their Christmas lights! You can see the lights from every angle of the city as you approach Piazza Repubblica, one of Florence's main squares. The Christmas market has also arrived in Piazza Santa Croce , so I am trying my hardest not to stop there everyday for something sweet to eat!  My personal favorite window this year (so far) is the one at Burberry. I could die for that orange handbag, and wouldn't mind a few of those silver stars hanging in my house for the Christmas season.
Merry Merry tutti!!!


3 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Bella Firenze.

marybeth said...

che bella! I miss the holiday lights in Firenze,always so festive!

Sara Louise said...

That building looks so beautiful with all those shimmering lights! Seeing that would definitely put me in the holiday spirit :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...