January 31, 2012

Under the Tuscan Sun Salutations - Week 2

Why I love Sun Salutes!

There is one thing I cannot live without every day of my life (other than a cup of Joe!), it is the practice of Sun salutations. If you are like me and spend too much time sitting in front of the computer, your neck might become stiff, your posture could become poor, so this simple practice can really help you! In Ashtanga, the yoga practice begins with this series of Surya Namaskara A & B. You should do 3-5 repetitions of each to warm the body and work on your breathing.

Forward fold with Sun Salutes

Seriously guys, when I am at home working, I will take a break and hit the mat for a few Sun Salutes. Instantly, it does wonders for the rest of my working day. Maybe keep your mat near your bed and do a few in the morning, for an instant boost. When I first started practicing yoga I would be desperate to get into any inversion to relieve the built-up tension and get some blood flowing for instant relief.

Some of the health benefits of the Sun Salutes include blood flow to your beautiful heart, and other vital organs, stretches & tones your muscles, rids your body of toxins and increases flexibility. Then, the mental benefits are even greater! San salutations can help reduce stress, increase concentration, and increase mind & body coordination. So basically, there is nothing but good stuff going on using this simple 10 minute yoga practice every day. With it being cold here in Florence at the moment, I am really looking forward to the Tuscany YOGA Retreat

As we say in Italy, SALUTE!
Melissa from 19r Yoga, practicing Sun Salutes in Bella Italia!

1 comment:

Murissa Maurice said...

Looking forward to when University is done and I can actually have time to do yoga!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...