February 4, 2012

Bidet Love

After spending the afternoon with girlfriends, and laughing hysterically all day about a wide array of topics (including this one), I finally have enough courage to post a blog article I have had in “pending” for a few months. The topic is a sensitive one about the discovery, and now relationship, I have formed with my bidet. No ma’am, they are not used for pedicures ladies & gentlemen. (However, they are absolutely fabulous for that too!)

Bidets are common in almost every household in Italy & France. I remember the first time I saw one, I was a teenager in Paris with my mother and I simply did not understand them. Now, I have found them to be the most amazing thing ever, especially when I am in a hurry. I often have an event to get to in the evening after coming home from the yoga studio, or long day in town, so the “french bath" is necessary. I will spare you the details of how wonderful bidets are, but trust me ladies – they do the trick!

I asked my fiancé about how this will be approached when raising our children, and his response was an example of how his mother dealt with his every-single-evening before bedtime:

Antonio says “Oh!!!! MA!!!!!! Vado il letto!” (Oh, Mom, I am going to bed!!!!”)

His mothers automatic response : “Ti sei fatto il bidet prima di andare al letto? (Did you use the bidet before bed?) Basically a really nice way of asking your stinky son "Did you clean your ass before you got into bed?"

I suppose it’s a good thing I have learned to appreciate these fantastic little pieces of heaven! However, I am not sure I am looking forward to “bidet training”of the little ones!

(we will cross that bridge when we get to it!)

Til then, happy bideting!
My spa inspired bidet, with pedicure ready rock!

6 comments:

leigh said...

I am so excited to that you're talking about your future children! They will be the luckiest kids!

Christy said...

haha! Thanks Leigh! I will be calling on you for advice, since you are the coolest Mom in the history of the world (besides my own Mom). Can you imagine Bidet Training? xx

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

You're so brave!!.. I've never used a bidet and Carlo doesn't use it either. He used to used it to give the dog a bath. When we remodeled our house, we had it removed. No bidet training in this house!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

It is a bitterly cold day here in Italy so I am staying warm and cosy by the fire and catching up on my blog reading. As they say Christy 'When in Rome' We reinstalled bidets in our bathrooms when we renovated.

Murissa Maurice said...

Hah! Funny & informative post.
I never used one when I was in Italy. They are a little intimidating at first I think.

The Wanderfull Traveler

plumbing bathroom said...

The controls or bidet taps should be complementary to the other taps in your bathroom. That is, if you have gold sink taps, choose gold bidet taps and so on. On the other hand, if you are choosing a bidet seat that attaches to your toilet, you will want one that is the correct size not too small and not too large.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...