February 8, 2012

Picasso in Pisa

Last weekend a group of us got together to head over to Pisa for the fabulous Picasso Blu exhibition. I know I have mentioned before how much I love going on day trips in Italy, so this day proved to be no different. There were seven women who got together as part of the YAWN networking group in Florence. I do not think I have ever laughed so hard in my life! These are also the same women who gave me the courage to write the bidet story below :)  It is truly amazing how people from all over the world can come together in one place, with different purposes, but spend the afternoon together and have a grand ole time. It will be days like this that I will remember forever about my experience of living in Italy.

The exhibition was honestly one of the best shows I have been to in awhile. I prefer smaller exhibitions over the large museums because you can really focus on that particular subject. I must really suffer from a faster version of stendhal syndrome (or "Florence syndrome") because I cannot seem to focus longer than an hour in museums now. This show focused on selected pieces throughout the life of Picasso, but the ones that spoke to me the most were the story of his beloved Jacqueline, for whom now I am obsessed with her too. He did over 400 pieces of work on her alone. Any woman who could withstand this man for 20 years was either passionately in love, crazy or a combination of both. Unfortunately she did commit suicide a few years after his death. Oh, Jacqueline......


2 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

YAWN sounds like a fun group to be part of and how great to have been able to go over to Pisa togehter to view the exhibition.

Murissa Maurice said...

Looks like a lot of fun! How do you like PIsa?

The girls look like a lot of fun! So many girls to get together my friends in Vancouver and I can usually only get together 1-2 times a year!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...