March 2, 2012

Biggest plate of seafood, ever.

This week I had the best plate of seafood ever while visiting Antonio's hometown of Terracina. I am a newbie at eating seafood, so when this plate of seafood arrived at the table, my jaw hit the floor. To my surprise this portion was only for three people, when we were actually 4.

It was the twins birthday : Antonio & Francesco, so since it's tradition here in Italy that for your birthday you treat to your friends to dinner, I was able to indulge in massive amounts of seafood. 
 Shrimps that were so tender that when you picked them up by the tail the rest of the meat falls off onto your plate. The fresh octopus sprinkled with olive oil was so delicious I could hardly contain myself. Yummmmm-O!

Buon compleanno ai miei gemelli!

5 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

I just love the look of this seafood plate. Happy Birthday Twins.

Murissa Maurice said...

Wow that is a huge plate! Sounds delicious and makes me want summer to be here now when I eat the most seafood.

Buon Compleano!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Why Rome? said...

Looks like the guys had a great birthday! The seafood platter looks amazing. Celebrate the fact the other twin doesn't live with you guys. I speak from experience. ;-) Haha!
Love,
Andrea

Theresa said...

What a good lookin' bunch you are! =)

Christy said...

Thanks ladies!! It was a good time, and I tell ya, those twins are a handful! xx, Christine

P.S. the food was delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...