April 1, 2012

Yoga Challenge - Finale

Hi everyone in Blog land! I am back and ready to write again! I cannot think of a better way than to wrap up my series with the fabulous people in Florence at 19r Yoga & Pilates. The journey the last few months with them has been invigorating, challenging, fun, difficult, delightful, and empowering!

I did not reach my goal of weight loss, but that is absolutely okay because that is life! We set goals, some we achieve, some we don't.  I did lose 13 lbs (6 kilo), but more importantly I am happy with who I am, in this moment in my life, regardless of the number on the scale. I am happy I stayed committed to the 60 day Yoga challenge, that now its a part of my everyday life. Not just the 90 minute physical practice, but also the mental practice that manifests it's way into your day to day life is what is so beautiful about Yoga. 

I want to thank my friend Shari for introducing me to yoga and how it would help me manage my headaches, because it has saved my life in dealing with them everyday. I also want to thank Melissa, Lauren & Hanna for being incredible teachers at the studio, and for being so gracious in their time & commitment to all of us yogi's in Florence. You gals rock my world! Namaste.


6 comments:

Why Rome? said...

You look precious in your photo. Congrats on finishing the yoga challenge! Losing 13 pounds is awesome!

Love from Rome,
Andrea

Lafemmet said...

Congrats!! you do look great!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Goodness me you look very supple, great that the yoga is working for you.

Christy said...

Thank you so much for the nice comments! It was a really fun journey! Mind, body & spirit are molto felice! XX

Murissa Shalapata said...

You look great!
Classes are ending this week so I am trying to decide what I want to do for 30-60 days straight.
I am thinking hot yoga and jogging the days when I am traveling or maybe just jogging? I don't know yet but
I am hoping to lose weight by June 7th for my graduation so you are my inspiration!

Great work!
The Wanderfull Traveler

Fern Driscoll said...

Well you look gorgeous. And 6 k loss is nothing to sneeze at. Yoga is so great because you can do it your whole life long. Keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...