May 22, 2012

Skipping around Florence

This past weekend I had one of the best times of my life! My closest friends threw me my "Addio al nubilato" (Bachelorette party) early since two of my dear friends will not be living in Florence closer to my wedding date. They wrote riddles where I had to figure out what person they were speaking about, then it was my duty to go to their place of business, walk up and say "Dammi un bacio!" (Give me a kiss) : on the cheek of course!

We spent hours skipping through Florence, going to our favorite wineries & restaurants seeing our friends and collecting the innocent kisses. Finally to settle down for one of the best meals at Il Santo Bevitore. Truly, I don't think I have laughed so hard in my entire life - we had so much fun! Everyone was such a good sport, but it just goes to show, that even though there are so many darling people in this town, I could not WAIT to call my honey to get a real kiss from him (hubba hubba!). 
My real true love. 

I have the greatest friends here in Florence who keep me grounded (and also keep the prosecco pouring). 
I am going to miss the ones who are leaving soon, but so glad we were able to celebrate together! 
I love y'all! Thank you for one of the best nights in Firenze!

 
Our good friend Barto at Osteria Santo Spirito with my Riddle about the Hot Gnocchi! This is for you VAL! :)

6 comments:

Birgitte said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful night. I sounds like a lot of fun :-)

Murissa Shalapata said...

Congrats! What a lovely dress and a great group of friends.

The Wanderfull Traveler

Maggie said...

It was a fantastic night, I am so glad that you enjoyed it and were able to bask in the glow of being the center of attention on your special night! I am also thrilled that I was here to celebrate with you. Love you lots :)

Fern Driscoll said...

uh oh - looks like all y'all are having waaay too much fun. Yay!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Glad you had fun, Brits call these events hen parties.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Love your stories and photos... I recognized the scene immediately and wished that I had been with such a fun group in Florence...

I am your newest follower and am off to see what else you have, ma chère!

Bises,
Genie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...