July 28, 2013

Best blogs of Florence

Since moving back to the US earlier this year, I have lived vicariously through some fantastic expat blogs about life in Florence. All of them written by women with different stories, different visions, but with the common theme of how beautiful life can be in Italy.

I hope you enjoy reading their blogs as much as I do, get your book marker handy!


Sara is a friend who I got to be very fond of during our collaboration at the Womens Art Event in May 2012, she is truly one of the gems of Florence. She is an American artist, jewelry maker, fashion designer, shop owner, blogger and writer.
To add some whimsy into your life, make sure to follow her!




This is possibly one of my favorite photography websites I follow. Birgitte is a Danish expat, photographer and Mum who has a calm, soft vision of Florence. Her photos capture the true essence of Florence as beautiful & sometimes gritty as it is. 



A life/style blog about life in Florence Italy. They are a young, adorable family living la dolce vita in Florence, Italy. They blog about Italian dual citizenship, life in Italy, cooking, travel and lots more!!!




A personal blog about a girl living & working in Florence with a passion for food, travel and discovering il bel paese one glass of vino at a time. She does a really good series on "Locals she loves" and the monthly "Events"




Elizabeth Petrosian aka Campobello keeps it real. If you really want to know about life in Italy : read her hysterically witty & truthful blog. My favorites to date are anything about la nonna & Italian men in general. Prepare yourself for some entertaining reads, and if you are planning on moving to Italy - get your notebook & pencil ready to take notes. 

*Update: Elizabeth has recently moved back to the United States where she is continuing to blog. Please visit her at Bumblepuppy for some added reading! 
*I am really looking forward to this one since we just did the same thing moving to Atlanta!


7 comments:

Birgitte | www.adustyolivegreen.com said...

Thank you so much once again, bella. I love your new header btw!
Baci
Birgitte

Alexandra said...

Hi Christy
those are some good blogs and lovely lady bloggers. Too bad Letters from Florence officially closed down last week as Liz moved to the States - guess the inlaws finally broke the proverbial camel's back!
Alexandra

Christy said...

Thanks ladies!!! Alexandra, I think Elizabeth is going to continue to write from the US once they get settled!? If so, I am really looking forward to that...

Theresa Cheek said...

Grazie Christy! I will be looking into these.

Jenna said...

Ooh, there are a couple here that I don't follow yet. I love anything about Florence, so I'm glad to get more reading material. :)

Elizabeth Petrosian said...

Thanks again for including me, Christy :-)

I will be writing a few more posts for Letters from Florence once things calm down a bit here, as there are a few more things I wanted to wrap up on the Italian front, as it were.

Meanwhile, my new Portland-based blog is up at www.bumblepuppyblog.com Among other things, I want to write about adjusting to life in the States after 12 years in Italy. Who knows? The old in-laws may start to look pretty good after a while ;-)

@Alexandra: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;-)

All the best to you in your new life!

Sara Amrhein said...

Thank you for including me amongst such fantastic blogs and talented ladies! I am honored. We certainly miss you around here and wishing you the best of everything in Atlana! un bacione grande grande!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...